Sunday, March 28, 2010

The 5 day NOTD, and the 5 hour NOTD...

Lets get the bad news out of the way first. Ulta Devious is one of the chippiest polishes I own.

I love love love the color, and I was super excited when I saw it in Ulta. I ended up buying 5 of the Ulta polishes, so I hope the rest aren't this awful. Material Girl, which I have already posted, chipped in two days, with one corner chip the first day. I took this picture about 2 hours after applying the polish and konad (using plate m66). As you can see.... it is already chipping.


After that disaster, I decided to go with a brand that usually wears very well for me, the LA Girl Disco Brites. I chose one of my untrieds, Deejay. I LOVE IT! First of all, the color is fabulous. Great formula. I did a cloud konad over it on day two, and applied Barielle Mani Extender over the konad as a topcoat.

Here is is.... at about 5pm on day 5.


As you can see, there is some tip wear, but no chips! This was fantastic, I have never EVER had a polish last this long! I finally took it off last night, and I am already planning the next Disco Brites I am going to buy.

For the record, I used 1 coat CND Stickey, 2 coats Deejay, 1 coat Poshe. The following day, I used WnW White to konad and plate m81, and 1 coat of Barielle Manicure Extender.

2 comments: