Friday, October 30, 2009

Quick and Dirty Konad Swatches

Konad swatches are surprisingly hard to find, and I know how valuable they can be when you are right on the verge of placing a 1am wowsocool order. I recently broke down and bought 5 new plates with the 30% off code, and decided to do some very quick (and very messy!) swatches of a few of my plates. All used WnW Black Creme and WnW French White.

Plate m62:


Overall, I really like this plate. the design on my ring and pinky was a little difficult to work with, the entire image never wanted to stamp. The necklace (pinky and thumb) was surprisingly easy, as were both designs on the ring finger. The one on the middle finger was near impossible to center, and the top never wanted to stamp with the rest of the image.


Plate m60:


This plate was actually pretty great. The plaid design gave me trouble every time I attempted it, but the others were crisp and easy. The ring finger design, which I though would be the most difficult to transfer, was actually the easiest.


Plate m65:


Loved this one. Everything went on pretty easy, even the circles! I thought they would be near impossible. Hardest image to work with was the roses.


Plate m44:



Ok..... this was my first time using the french manicure konads. They are quite the challenge! I love the idea of them, but it is soooo hard to get them to line up correctly. Most of the time, they just look wonky. But I want to love them, so I am going to keep trying! The pinky design was the hardest to work with, the two on the middle finger were the easiest.

Hope this was helpful, even though they are *really* messy :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! you are so right about the M44 plate! I tried it too and its so hard to get them on perfectly! have the same swatch as urs but urs looks much much better! I couldn't even get the fine designs on like urs:-(
    Cool blog though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loveeed, i love konad, your nails in black is beautiful, congratulations visit me
    loucasporkonad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete