Friday, March 26, 2010

GO TO ROSS! STAT!


As I am sure you may have heard, the new Color Club sets are popping up at a Ross near you! If you think your Ross sucks, you are probably correct. However, if you think that because your Ross sucks they will not have the CC sets, THINK AGAIN!

My Ross is awful. Like, used lotions spilled out on the floor and stained clothing hanging up on the racks. I did not have faith in it. At the end of last year, there were reports of a few CC sets showing up at Ross.... most importantly to me the Glitter Vixen set. I went to my Ross, expecting nothing. But.... sitting there, in a bin full of strange crap no one will ever buy.... THREE Glitter Vixen sets! Woooooo! I of course bought one.

So this time around, I had high hopes for finding the new CC sets at my Ross. I was also hoping to run across the Electro Candy set, which has eluded me all this time. My Ross always has the flower power set in an Electro Candy box. It is not nice to tease me like that, Ross!

So as soon as the reports started popping up on the NB, I set out on the journey to my Ross. It failed. There was nothing. I was sad. It was during finals week and I was hoping for a pick me up (and an excuse to take a break from studying) but I was sadly mistaken. I swooned over the constant "I found the CC sets at my Ross!" posts on NB. But I was still determined!

Four days later.... I decided to venture out to Ross once again. SUCCESS! There were TWO CC Rebel Debutant sets, the set I most desired of the three new ones. I of course immediately grabbed it and carried it around the store much like a child. I was a little sad that I was not able to find the Poptastic set.... but now that I had validated my hopes of finding the sets, I was on a mission!

I went to another Ross about 20 minutes away the next day. I went with my mom, who thought I was psycho for wanting to go to Ross. Like I said, our Ross' are awful. This new Ross also had two RD sets, and three Pardon my French sets. The PmF set didn't excite me enough to buy it... so we left empty handed. Luckily, there was a Sally's nearby to soothe my pain.

Then yesterday, after work, I decided to check the downtown Ross (within walking distance of work.... so... it was justified, right?) and sitting there, all alone, was the REAL Electro Candy set! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There were also a few PmF, but the neons of course blew them out of the water! So ladies, if you Ross mainly sells broken home decor and smells like a public restroom, do not fear! There is still hope!


And PS: Sorry about the lack of NOTD posts, my current NOTD (LA Girl Disco Brites Deejay) has lasted FIVE DAYS!!!!!! THIS IS UNHEARD OF! So, I haven't changed it yet, I am far too amazed by the lasting power. I will be posting pics of this one soon, I decided to wait and take a pic today to show how perfect it still looks after all this time :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I still haven't found the real electrocandy set, just the fakies. However, I did find the poptastic set, so I'm not quite conceding defeat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same success yesterday! I went to one Ross, and they had two Rebel Debutante sets and two Pardon My French sets. I only got the PMF, though. And then I went to another local Ross and found the Electro Candy set. I was so excited! I wish I could find the Poptastic set, though.

    ReplyDelete